Thursday, September 6, 2012

Reflection 1

I believe Brad Flickinger’s “Educational Technology Bill of Rights for Students” blog made some very good points. Students can benefit a lot from the use of technology in the classroom. I think numbers 7 and 9 are the most important points on the list. It is very important for teachers to teach their students how to use 21st century technology because, as Brad mentioned, students will need to know how to use it in the future. It is also imperative that teachers teach their students about the dangers of the internet. Cyberbullying has become a big problem in this generation, and teachers need to be aware of risks as well. I do not necessarily agree with number 5 on the list. I think the use of social media in school would become more of a distraction than anything, and students would abuse this privilege.  I also disagree with the comment somebody made that “Mr. Flickinger doesn’t live in my world...” We are living in a world of technology, so this blog was very relevant. What is wrong with being proficient in technology?
Educational Technology Bill of Rights

No comments:

Post a Comment