Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Paperless educator

I did some research on being a paperless educator, and while I think it is possible, I don't think students will get as much out of class this way. I looked at Steve Katz's Prezi The Paperless Classroom to learn more about it. To submit assignments, teachers have their students use either Google Docs or e-mail. Some reasons he gives for going paperless are improved learning environment, improved organization, more efficient, and it will save the earth. There are a couple issues I have with this. First of all, computers are not always the most reliable thing in the world. If every assignment your students to is online, what will happen if their computer crashes or they get a virus and lose everything? Students might not have everything backed up on something else if this were to happen. Also, I don't want to see us getting completely away from physically writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment