Sunday, December 2, 2012

VCSU's Education Program

 This was my first semester of classes at VCSU, and it went very well! This semester I was enrolled in four education classes: Introduction to Education, Educational Technology, Math for Elementary Teachers, and Educating Exceptional Students. They are all beneficial classes that I learned a lot from. As I mentioned before, I am also doing a 40 hour practicum as part of my Intro class. There are some things that I've learned in my classes this semester that were connected to my practicum. In Intro we learned about lesson planning and implementing, and in my practicum I was able to observe how my cooperating teacher planned and implemented her lessons. Also, in my classroom many different forms of technology were used such as the Smart Board and use of computers. A lot of the lessons we were going over in math were being taught in my classroom as well. Finally, there were some students in my classroom with exceptionalities such as learning disabilities, English language learners, and giftedness which I learned about in my Educating Exceptional Students class. One thing that I really need to work on to become a more effective teacher is not waiting until the last minute to get things done. I am a horrible procrastinator! Hopefully next semester I will get better at completing assignments early.

No comments:

Post a Comment